- All travelers to Belize will need to download and register on the Belize health app, “Belize Travel Health” once the country reopens on October 1
- The Belize Health App is now available for download from the Apple App Store
- For a temporary period, Android users will need to utilize the following link via this Self Reporting Form via Belize’s Ministry of Health
- Don’t have a smart phone? Access the Self Reporting Form via Belize’s Ministry of Health
- Free of cost, the Belize Health App is available for pre-registration within 72 hours of travel to Belize. If you register before the 72 hour period, your unique code will expire and you will have to start over.
Starting October 1, all passengers arriving to Belize via Philip Goldson International Airport will be required to download the Belize Travel Health app and register for entry into the country. Now, the Belize Health App is available for download via the Apple App Store. Please note: the app requires iOS 10.0 or later, and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Regardless of nationality and purpose, every traveler must download the Belize Health App; information is not required to be filled out until 72 hours prior to your trip. When Belize welcomes commercial flights again in October, all passengers will be required to either come with a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of their departure — with which they can use the “fast lane” at the airport — or undergo testing on arrival, according to the Belize Tourism Board. Once completed, each traveler will receive a unique code as confirmation for successfully meeting all app requirements. While in Belize, the app will be used for daily health monitoring.
The Belize Travel Health App – Available Now
For each user, the Belize Health App will generate a QR code with a unique ID number. Through this, your unique number will be used for contact tracing while in Belize. Travelers can now download the Belize Health App, completing information for travel to pre-register before arriving at the Philip Goldson International Airport to access the “fast lane”. Otherwise, airport attendants in Belize will assist with the App via kiosks on your smart phone, tablet, or other.
The Belize Travel Health App forms DOES NOT need to be completed more than 72 hours in advance of travel. If you do so any earlier, the unique code will expire and you will need to start the process over.
All requirements, including protocols to track, are outlined in the Belize Health App’s terms and conditions. The reopening of Philip Goldson International Airport on October 1 will mark Phase III of Belize’s 5-phased Travel Reopening Plan. Learn more about getting to Belize here.
‘What if I don’t have a smartphone available?’
In the event of not having a smartphone, or one compatible for download of the app, traveler must fill out the required information on the Belize Ministry of Health’s Self Reporting Form, available here. All arriving passengers to Belize, regardless of whether citizen or tourist, will be required to fulfill the web-based app. It should be noted that an internet connection is required for daily check-in requirement(s). Additionally, the Belize Health App is available only on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.